Estimator, Commercial Construction
Summary Description: The Estimator coordinates and participates in the preparation of estimates for construction projects as assigned.
Company Description: Impetus, a Palmisano Company, is a general contractor that provides construction services in various spaces, including commercial, civil, industrial, pre-fabrication, historic, healthcare, hospitality, design-build, self-perform, multi-family, urban mixed-use, and arts and culture.
- Preparation of complete quantity take-offs, analysis, estimate, and studies for all items incorporated in the assigned scope.
- Perform constructability analysis through the identification of design and constructability issues.
- Compile bid packages for complicated scopes that accurately convey desired bid scope and requirements to trades.
- Develop value analysis' by defining alternatives to the proposed scope that are more cost efficient.
- Prepare detailed estimate of entire scope of assigned trades, building system, and/or overall project cost.
- Analyze existing site conditions and all contract documents to determine any required scope that is not indicated.
- Obtain and evaluate subcontractor proposals relative to their scope of work.
- Determine if scope is covered and manage risk of scope gaps.
- Create cost efficiencies through ongoing estimating process improvement.
- Exemplifies the Impetus core values: Renegade Mentality, Sweep Floors, Build Relationships, Absolute Integrity.
- Decisive - Makes effective, timely decisions consistently, based on data, intuition, experience, and judgement.
- Driven to collaborate and innovate.
- Organization and Planning - Takes a methodical approach to planning daily activities.
- Interpersonal Skills - Establishes cooperative, collaborative, trusting relationships with co-workers and business contacts.
- Communication - Communicates with co-workers and business contacts effectively through written, verbal, and non-verbal communication as well as excellent listening.
- Tech savvy - The ability to adapt quickly to rapidly changing technology is key.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Business, or related field.
- 6 + years of commercial construction experience.
- Proficiency with software, including MS Office Suite, project management software, bid management software, and scheduling software (P6 or similar). Ability to implement new technologies to benefit the projects.
Impetus is an Equal Opportunity Employer.