Vice President, Manufacturing
Summary Description: The Vice President of Manufacturing is a hands-on position that oversees, directs, and leads all areas of manufacturing teams, including Logistics, Self-Perform, Design, and Prefabrication. This role is also responsible for research & development and recommendations for manufacturing strategies within approved quality standards and in the most cost-effective manner at each level of the manufacturing and construction process.
Company Description: Impetus, a Palmisano Company, is a general contractor that provides services in various market sectors, including commercial, infrastructure, industrial, historic, healthcare, hospitality, multi-family, and urban mixed-use. RNGD, also a Palmisano Company, was established as the manufacturing and prefabrication arm of Impetus, with a vision to move the industry forward through industrialized construction. RNGD’s service offering will focus on DMC (design, manufacture, construct) of building components and assemblies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Team player, designer, planner, innovator, teacher, leader, and entrepreneur who possesses a passion for big-picture thinking and problem-solving while having the technical ability and detail-orientation to design and implement solutions.
- Serve as a key member of the management team that sets the company’s strategic direction and formulates both long and short-range plans, policies, programs, and objectives.
- Develop strategic planning for the direction and control of manufacturing, product development and technical support activities.
- Formulate long-term objectives and standards of performance for the division and assure that it achieves objectives and project completion within set budgets and time frames.
- Be a student of current industry trends, ensuring that the company maintains and expands its technology leadership position.
- Manage general activities related to the manufacturing of products and the provision of related services
- Ensure that product development and technical support are focused on meeting and exceeding the customer requirements and expectations.
- Develop plans and procedures for maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations, ensuring products conform to established customer and company quality standards.
- Prepare the annual budget for manufacturing teams, including capital expenditures and inventory levels.
- Manage overhead, variable, and direct labor costs to meet or exceed annual budgetary goals.
- Define and set short-term objectives and long-term plans to support growth, create cost efficiencies, and improve process and execution.
- Aggressively lead operations to Identify, recommend, specify, and implement changes to improve productivity and reduce cost.
- Manage our process of capturing, organizing, and optimizing expert knowledge and making it accessible.
- Implement and manage our manufacturing software solution for issue tracking, workflow, process roadmaps, customer support, and complaint managing.
- Drive quality performance, efficiencies, and waste reduction through Lean Manufacturing principles
- Drive key changes and transformative initiatives.
- Promote, communicate, and enforce the company’s safety culture, programs, and policies.
- Work with direct reports to create a “preferred place to work” culture, managing our client experience, employee experience and trade partner experience effectively.
- Continuously reinforce the core values and manifesto, leading by example
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or construction.
- 10+ years of engineering and manufacturing process experience, with at least 3 years in a management position.
- Demonstrated team building and leadership skills.
- “Out of the box thinker” must be key driver contributing to the process roadmap and willing to take innovative product risk while balancing the process for on-time deliverables.
- Working knowledge of R&D, construction or manufacturing forecasting, cost, scheduling, estimating, purchasing, and accounting principles.
- Manage diverse, simultaneous projects of varying complexities.
- Strong relationship management, strategy development, project management, problem solving, and change management skills.
- Professional and positive approach, self-motivated, strong in building relationships, team player, dynamic, creative with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
- Believes in a TEAM OF TEAMS approach. Understands that we create our best work when we collaborate and get things done together.
- Brings a HUNGER to achieve goals and does whatever it takes to get results. Contributes to the team wherever and however needed and is HUMBLE to take on tasks outside of regular duties.
- Brings a RELENTLESS PURSUIT of a smarter and better way to do things. Continuously seeking to create a better experience for all stakeholders. Brings solutions, not problems, to the table.
- Highly self-aware and is SMART in how they show up for others. Knows what others need from them to be successful. Transparent and honest with all team members. Embodies the Impetus Core Values.
RNGD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.