Assistant Project Manager, RNGD
Our team is growing and we're looking for creative, passionate, and driven individuals that want to be a part of building something new and spectacular. Impetus Prefab is looking to fill the position of Assistant Project Manager to provide support to the custom millwork, metalwork, and miscellaneous structural steel components team on all fabrication and install aspects of assigned projects. The ideal candidate for this position has a passion for custom fabrication and the built environment, architectural design, strives to collaborate with others and work within a team, and be a leader to help pave the way for the overall success of our company.
Impetus (formerly Palmisano) is a general contractor that provides construction services in various spaces including: commercial, civil, industrial, pre-fabrication, historic, healthcare, hospitality, design-build, self-perform, multi-family, urban mixed-use, and arts and culture.
Duties/Areas of Responsibility
- Relationships - Establish and maintain an effective and professional working relationship with owners, architects, engineers, subcontractors, and suppliers.
- Submittals – and organizing submittal packages including finish samples and mock-ups
- Schedules - Participate in the development of project scheduling with our fabrication shop and project managers; track progress weekly, quantify project impacts, and help maintain deadlines
- Budgeting - Perform job cost allocations and revise shop drawings when changes occur
- Coordination - Assist fabrication and install supervisors with coordination, prefabricated component delivery, and identifying potential road blocks
- Problem solving – Be willing to exhaust all options, explore every angle, and maintain adaptability
- Payment - Participate in the development of the Schedule of Values with the project manager, compile necessary data for timely submission of monthly applications for payment
- Quality Control - Generate punch-lists of incomplete/deficient work items within our fabrication shop and on job sites
- Exemplifies Impetus's core values: Safety Always, Renegade Mentality, Sweep Floors, Build Relationships, Absolute Integrity
- Insatiable Curiosity - Always asking "why" to find the root cause, allowing the right problem to be solved
- Driven to collaborate and innovate
- Organization and Planning - Takes a methodical approach to planning daily activities\
- Communication - Communicates with co-workers and business contacts effectively through written, verbal, and non-verbal communication, as well as excellent listening
- Tech Savvy -The ability to adapt quickly to rapidly changing technology is key
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Construction Management
- 2 + years of commercial construction industry experience
- 2 + years of experience as an architectural intern a plus
- Proficiency with software including AutoCAD and MS Office Suite. Additional software expertise in SketchUp, Rhino 3D, V-Ray Render, and the Adobe Suite a plus.
- Fabrication shop experience a plus
- Drafting shop drawings via 2D and 3D methods, digital modeling a plus
Impetus is an Equal Opportunity Employer.