The Marketing Manager assists in leading and executing the overall Impetus Marketing Strategy and supports the marketing efforts of affiliated companies. This position reports to the Director of Marketing and regularly interacts with a variety of teams including Employee Experience, Business Development, Operations, and Field.
Impetus is seeking a Marketing Manager with a passion for the development and creation of compelling and unique content to support Impetus’ business sectors. The Marketing Manager is a key member of Impetus’ marketing team and will manage the execution of the corporate marketing strategy.
The ideal candidate will have at least 6 years of experience working with a team to develop, implement, and execute marketing strategies and multi-channel communications that effectively position Impetus, as well as affiliated companies, with key stakeholders. The individual should be a self-starter, motivated, quick thinking, flexible, and thorough with the ability to manage small and larger scale projects simultaneously, either internal or 3rd party. This individual excels in a demanding and fast-paced environment requiring proactive and positive thinking and must exercise good judgment, show initiative, and be a team player. The Marketing Manager should be able to manage multiple responsibilities and projects with a focus on organization and attention to detail, while being flexible and capable of prioritizing shifting production and business needs.
Impetus’ marketing department is a high energy, hardworking, and affable team that values colleagues who can anticipate what needs to get done and act accordingly, are quick thinkers and can problem solve matters that arise unexpectedly, and are intellectually curious. The team has high professional standards, strong judgment, and thoughtful work product. We bring a client service attitude to our work and always strive to be energetic, learn new skills, and maintain a good sense of humor.
- Develop compelling and unique ideas that inspire, inform, and captivate clients and support Impetus’ business sectors and services
- Work with internal teams to develop content that best leverages our projects, people, and culture to create lasting awareness and positive sentiment
- Develop campaigns for social media platforms and track metrics using results to drive strategy of future content
- Develop content and campaigns of the monthly e-newsletter
- Develop internal communications including employee magazine, marketing contests, culture books, onboarding presentations, etc.
- Manage the proposal process from kick-off to interview
- Manage the awards application process
- Manage the website keeping it at the forefront of relevance, design, and functionality
- Manage photography and videography processes
- Manage selection, design, and execution of branded apparel and merchandise
- Manage vendor companies
- Oversee jobsite signage and branding
- Oversee company merchandise online store
- Support company events
- Degree in Marketing, Communications, English, Journalism; on the job training and experience is welcomed in lieu of degree
- 6+ years’ experience in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or Related Field
- Strong (and creative!) copywriting and editing skills.
- Keen design eye and well-practiced with the layout of proposals, resumes, case studies, and other marketing assets
- Proficient Adobe Creative Suite and Premiere or other video editing software
- Experience with various photographic and video techniques and equipment
- Video and media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods including alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media
- Proficient with social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn)
- Desire to challenge the status quo and not afraid to bring bold new ideas to the table; ability to learn new technologies and applications
- A love of learning and commitment to continuous professional development and staying abreast of current marketing practices and trends
- Team of teams mentality - ability to accept input from other creative partners and marketing team members
- A self-starter – takes initiative and is able to work independently and move projects forward in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Comfortable working autonomously and self-initiating marketing projects while working collaboratively and staying accountable to cross-functional teams
- Ability to manage competing priorities and a diverse workload while maintaining composure under the pressure of deadlines
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational, collaboration, and planning skills
- Ability to prioritize workflow with flexibility for changing scope and timelines
- Ability to coordinate multiple work activities to meet critical deadlines
Writing samples will be requested. Other relevant work examples are also welcomed with your application.
- The ideal candidate is a team player who possesses a passion for big-picture thinking and problem-solving while having the technical ability and detail-orientation to design and implement solutions.
- Believes in a TEAM OF TEAMS approach. Understands that we create our best work when we collaborate and get things done together. Looks out for our team members’ well-being and always “has their back.”
- Brings a HUNGER to achieve goals and does whatever it takes to get results. Contributes to the team wherever and however needed and are HUMBLE to take on tasks outside of regular duties.
- Brings a RELENTLESS PURSUIT of a smarter and better way to do things. Continuously seeking to create a better construction experience for all stakeholders. Brings solutions, not problems to the table.
- Highly self-aware and is SMART in how they show up for others. Knows what others need from them to be successful. Transparent and honest with all team members. Embodies the Impetus Core Values.
Impetus (A Palmisano Company) is a fast growing and innovative construction firm with offices in New Orleans, Nashville, and Salt Lake City. Our services include commercial, infrastructure, custom prefabrication, design-build, virtual design and construction (VDC), and self-perform millwork and metals. Markets include historic, healthcare, hospitality, multi-family, urban mixed-use, education, and arts and culture.
Impetus is an Equal Opportunity Employer.