Steel Shop Foreman
Summary Description: The Steel Shop Foreman manages all aspects of the company’s miscellaneous structural steel duties. Such work may be independent of or part of a larger commercial project.
Company Description: Impetus, a Palmisano Company, is a general contractor that provides construction services in various spaces, including commercial, civil, industrial, pre-fabrication, historic, healthcare, hospitality, design-build, self-perform, multi-family, urban mixed-use, and arts and culture.
- Manage the daily operations of the Steel Shop.
- Supervise, train, evaluate, and direct the daily duties of team members.
- Schedule and track scheduling for structural projects, including delivery schedules.
- Ensure quality control of all materials and finished products.
- Procure and track materials, equipment, and tools.
- Read and interpret detailed drawings, schematics, shop drawings, and blueprints.
- Ensure that products meet industry standards and project specifications, adjusting as necessary.
- Decide how best to use team members and equipment to meet production goals.
- Ensure that production stays on schedule and within budget.
- Write production reports
- Monitor materials and equipment, order as necessary.
- Monitor team members to ensure they meet shop performance and safety requirements.
- Streamline the production process.
- Determine whether new machinery, equipment, and tools are needed
- Fix any production problems.
- Assist in the manufacturing parts or products, or delivering services, with maximum efficiency.
- Enact quality control procedures to resolve production problems and minimize costs.
- Design control systems to coordinate activities and production planning to ensure that products meet quality standards.
- Confer with team leaders and superintendent about product specifications, vendors about purchases, management personnel about manufacturing capabilities, and team members about the status of projects.
- Coordinate, manage, and supervise a variety of projects.
- Monitor projects and report progress to project managers.
- Respond to work delays, emergencies, and other problems with shop coordination.
- Ensure that the project complies with legal requirements, such building and safety codes.
- Prepare and set up machines, equipment, and tools for structural fabrication.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent.
- 5 + years of experience managing a structural fabrication shop.
- 3+ years of experience fabricating for large commercial/hospitality projects, such as hotels, restaurants, museums, bars, etc.
- The ability to read, interpret, and understand architectural and shop drawings for large commercial/hospitality projects.
- Working knowledge of applicable safety regulations and procedures.
- Strong management and supervisory skills.
- Strong communications skills (oral and written).
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- The ideal candidate is a team player who possesses a passion for big-picture thinking and problem-solving while having the technical ability and detail-orientation to design and implement solutions
- Believes in a TEAM OF TEAMS approach. Understands that we create our best work when we collaborate and get things done together. Looks out for our team members’ well-being and always “has their back.”
- Brings a HUNGER to achieve goals and does whatever it takes to get results. Contributes to the team wherever and however needed and are HUMBLE to take on tasks outside of regular duties
- Brings a RELENTLESS PURSUIT of a smarter and better way to do things. Continuously seeking to create a better construction experience for all stakeholders. Brings solutions, not problems to the table.
- Highly self-aware and is SMART in how they show up for others. Knows what others need from them to be successful. Transparent and honest with all team members. Embodies the Impetus Core Values.
Impetus is an Equal Opportunity Employer.