VDC Engineer, Impetus
Innovation · New Orleans, Louisiana
Summary Description: The VDC Engineer provides support to project teams by assisting BIM coordination efforts and executing VDC processes to deliver a better, more efficient product.
- Reporting directly to the BIM/VDC Manager, the successful candidate will support implementation of all VDC processes at the project level.
- The primary objective for this individual is to support VDC initiatives leveraged by project teams both in the office and field, and support model-based project management, process workflows, and construction technology deployment.
- Participation in the process of creating project-specific BIM Execution plans and lead the BIM implementation as defined by the plan.
- Support project setup for 3D trade coordination, site logistical planning, and 4D sequencing efforts.
- Participate and provide technical support for the project team in model-based design coordination meetings and review the trade partner deliverables.
- Support the timely development and approval of shop/fabrication level models for the model-based coordination process.
- Support setup and implementation of BIM to Field equipment and/or software.
- Provide support for VDC based laser scanning, drone operations, RTS, etc.
- Aide and support training in various software packages (i.e.: Navisworks, Revit, AutoCAD, Bluebeam, etc.)
- Train, educate, and mentor project personnel in various BIM software and processes.
- Exemplifies Impetus's core values: Safety Always, Renegade Mentality, Sweep Floors, Build Relationships, Absolute Integrity.
- The ideal candidate is a team player who possesses a passion for big-picture thinking and problem-solving while having the technical ability and detail-orientation to design and implement solutions directly.
- Driven to collaborate and innovate
- Organization and Planning - Takes a methodical approach to planning daily activities.
- Interpersonal Skills - Establishes cooperative, collaborative, trusting relationships with internal teams and business partners.
- Communication - Communicates with co-workers and business contacts effectively through written, verbal, and non-verbal communication, as well as excellent listening.
- Tech Savvy - The ability to adapt quickly to rapidly changing technology is key.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, architecture or similar field.
- 0-3+ years of construction technologies experience in the AEC industry driving the adoption of VDC on projects of all sizes.
- Basic proficiency in Autodesk Navisworks Manage.
- Basic proficiency and ability to draw in drafting software such as Revit, AutoCAD, and SketchUp is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of contractor facing authoring and collaboration tools such as Revit, Tekla, Fab CADmep, etc.
- Basic proficiency in implementation and support of CPRM software (i.e. Procore, Autodesk Construction Cloud, etc.).
- Ability to quickly learn new software tools and teach others.
- Willingness to obtain Part 107 certification and conduct regular drone flights.
Impetus is an Equal Opportunity Employer.