PROJECT MANAGER, MULTI-FAMILY CONSTRUCTION
LAKE CHARLES, LOUISIANA
The role of the Project Manager is to lead, direct, and coordinate the overall management of the project and team, per the total scope of services as defined in each project’s contract documents, to meet the project profit objectives.
Company Description: Impetus, a Palmisano Company, is a general contractor that provides construction services in various spaces, including commercial, civil, industrial, pre-fabrication, historic, healthcare, hospitality, design-build, self-perform, multi-family, urban mixed-use, and arts and culture.
- Create cost efficiencies through process improvement
- Support and drive utilization of various Impetus initiatives and technologies
- Management of owner billings, project schedule from startup through closeout, optimizing process to achieve targets in safety, budget, schedule, quality control, and raving fans
- Develop a big picture understanding of the project through immersion into the documents
- Complete contract buyout and scope of works to ensure all areas of construction is covered
- Understand and enforce contracts
- Effectively facilitate subcontractor startup meetings and coordinate between subcontractors for optimized performance
- Coach, develop, and retain a high-performance project team
- Manage the client experience, employee experience, and trade partner experience proactively
- Continuously reinforce the core values and manifesto, leading by example
- Lead quality control plan implementation and compliance
- Focus in on the details and set the direction of the project
- Proactively monitor financial performance of project
- Analyze risk and take action to mitigate early
- Reporting of progress on stated performance targets and KPI's
- Interface and build relationships with project inspectors, contractors, architects, engineers, city and parish officials and clients
- Provide feedback to Preconstruction during the construction phase to improve future product delivery
- Exemplifies Impetus's core values: Safety Always, Renegade Mentality, Sweep Floors, Build Relationships, Absolute Integrity.
- Insatiable Curiosity - Always asking "why" to find the root cause, allowing the right problem to be solved.
- Driven to collaborate and innovate.
- Organization and Planning - Takes a methodical approach to planning daily activities.
- Interpersonal Skills - Establishes cooperative, collaborative, trusting relationships with co-workers and business contacts.
- Communication - Communicates with co-workers and business contacts effectively through written, verbal, and non-verbal communication as well as excellent listening.
- Tech Savvy - The ability to adapt quickly to rapidly changing technology is key.
- Bachelors degree in Construction Management, Business, or related field.
- 8 + years of commercial construction experience.
- Demonstrated experience leading teams and processes.
- Demonstrated experience directing strategic initiatives.
- Proficiency with software, including MS Office Suite, project management software, accounting cost management software (CMIC, ProCore or similar), and scheduling software (P6 or similar).
- Ability to implement new technologies to benefit the projects.
- Demonstrated understanding of building processes and systems
ABOUT IMPETUS, A PALMISANO COMPANY
At Impetus, our vision for a better world has made us the Southeast’s newest leader in construction. Our foundation is built on a proven heritage of quality, service and contribution. And even though our roots go back nearly 70 years, we’re just getting started.
We know that to continue our legacy of hard work, partnership and philanthropy, we have to evolve. That’s why we created a new kind of construction company designed to foster the next generation of leaders. A place where talented renegades are empowered to share their best work with millions of people – and where bold new ideas and technologies are embraced and cultivated. Banded together with a renegade mentality, we relentlessly drive real value through our transformative projects and a shared vision for smarter, healthier cities. Learn more about Impetus’s mission at www.buildimpetus.com.
Impetus is an Equal Opportunity Employer.