Assistant Superintendent, Commercial Construction
Summary Description: The Assistant Superintendent provides support to the Superintendent on all site construction management aspects of assigned projects and takes on Superintendent duties as assigned.
Company Description: Impetus, a Palmisano Company, is a general contractor that provides construction services in various spaces, including commercial, civil, industrial, pre-fabrication, historic, healthcare, hospitality, design-build, self-perform, multi-family, urban mixed-use, and arts and culture.
- Lead and develop the labor team through training, coaching, and mentoring and ensure regular feedback is shared with the team.
- Foster and enhance relations with owners, architects, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Oversee the performance of work related to scheduling, delivery, logistics, quality control, and employee staffing levels.
- Identify, communicate, and resolve design drawing / field conflicts through the proper process with project team.
- Ensure the work completed is in compliance with and conforms to the approved contract documents.
- Assist to log, track, and process required project documentation (i.e., daily logs, progress photos, work plans, safety inspections, JSA, etc.).
- Promote safety culture on projects; management of the work site safety program; and identify and report any unsafe behavior or hazardous conditions on the site.
- Assist to ensure efficient closeout of job site activities and timely turnover of the project facilities to the owner.
- Reporting on project progress and other metrics as assigned.
- Exemplifies Impetus's core values: Safety Always, Renegade Mentality, Sweep Floors, Build Relationships, Absolute Integrity.
- Driven to collaborate and innovate.
- Organization and Planning - Takes a methodical approach to planning daily activities.
- Interpersonal Skills - Establishes cooperative, collaborative, trusting relationships with co-workers and business contacts
- Communication - Communicates with co-workers and business contacts effectively through written, verbal, and non-verbal communication as well as excellent listening
- Tech Savvy - The ability to adapt quickly to rapidly changing technology is key.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D; Carpentry Trade School Certificate.
- 5 + years of commercial construction experience.
- Demonstrated experience leading teams and processes.
- Proficiency with software, including MS Office Suite, project management software, (ProCore or similar), and familiar with scheduling software (P6 or similar).
- Ability to implement new technologies to benefit the projects.
Impetus is an Equal Opportunity Employer.