Superintendent, Commercial Construction
Summary Description: The role of the Superintendent is to lead, direct, and coordinate the overall site management of a project, per the total scope of services as defined in the project contract documents, to meet the project completion and profit objectives.
Company Description: Impetus, a Palmisano Company, is a general contractor that provides construction services in various spaces, including commercial, civil, industrial, pre-fabrication, historic, healthcare, hospitality, design-build, self-perform, multi-family, urban mixed-use, and arts and culture.
- Create cost efficiencies through process improvement.
- Support and drive utilization of various Impetus initiatives and technologies.
- Create and direct the overall strategy that drives the performance of work related to scheduling, delivery, logistics, quality control, and staffing levels.
- Develop a big picture understanding of the project through immersion into the documents.
- Management of the work site safety program; identify and report any unsafe behavior or hazardous conditions on the site.
- Effectively facilitate subcontractor startup meetings and coordinate between subcontractors for optimized performance.
- Analyze reports on project performance and make changes to strategy as applicable.
- Coach, develop, and retain a high-performance project team.
- Uphold brand standards.
- Manage the client experience, employee experience, and subcontractor experience proactively.
- Continuously reinforce the core values and manifesto, leading by example.
- Lead quality control plan implementation and compliance.
- Active participant in industry associations.
- Focus in on the details and set the direction of the project.
- Ensure usage of enabling technologies and workflows.
- Proactively monitor financial performance of project.
- Analyze risk and take action to mitigate early.
- Reporting of progress on stated performance targets and KPI's.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelors degree in Construction Management or Engineering.
- 6+ years of experience in a commercial construction firm.
- Exceptional relationship building, listening, and communication skills.
- Ability to create and support team morale.
- Thorough knowledge of construction forecasting, cost, scheduling, estimating, purchasing, and accounting principles.
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work, and project schedule.
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
Headquartered in New Orleans, LA, Impetus has established itself as a top-level national player in construction services. With major awards from organizations that include Associated Builders & Contractors, among others, Impetus has been recognized by its industry peers for its innovation and the significant value it brings to project owners and partners. Building on the company’s growth and success in the Greater New Orleans Region, Impetus recently opened an office in Nashville, TN, one of the fastest-growing metro areas in the country. Further expansion is expected.
Whether it’s on a new project, adding new talent, entering a new region or implementing new and better ways of doing things, the goal at Impetus is always to Break New Ground.
Please visit the company website to learn more at www.buildimpetus.com
Impetus is an Equal Opportunity Employer.