Assistant Project Manager, Commercial Construction
Summary Description: The Assistant Project Manager provides support to the project team on all construction management aspects of assigned projects.
Company Description: Impetus, a Palmisano Company, is a general contractor that provides construction services in various spaces, including commercial, civil, industrial, pre-fabrication, historic, healthcare, hospitality, design-build, self-perform, multi-family, urban mixed-use, and arts and culture.
- Relationships - Establish and maintain an effective and professional working relationship with owners, architects, engineers, subcontractors, and suppliers.
- Schedules - Participate in the development of the baseline CPM with the superintendent and project manager; track progress weekly and update schedule not less than monthly, using SureTrak/P3; quantify project impacts, using contemporaneous schedule analysis; and satisfy notice provisions, where applicable.
- Buy-out - Conduct buy-out and issue subcontracts for scopes of work assigned by PM, perform job cost allocation for subcontract and purchase order awards.
- Requests for Information - Process Forma/subcontractor RFI’s timely, maintain log and review status to expedite critical RFI’s, coordinate and distribute to affected parties, and provide timely notice of cost/time impact resulting from RFI response.
- Changes to the Work - Identify and provide timely notice of changed conditions, prepare Change Order Proposals (COP’s) with PM review and oversight, maintain COP log, and generate Subcontracts.
- Modifications - Perform job cost allocations and update as-built drawings.
- Coordination - Assist superintendent with subcontractor/supplier coordination, expedite material deliveries, and identify special inspection requirements.
- Payment - Participate in the development of the Schedule of Values with the project manager, compile necessary data for timely submission of monthly applications for payment, assist PM in review of subcontractor/supplier payment release, insure proper cost coding of miscellaneous invoices.
- Punchlist - Generate punchlist of incomplete/deficient work items and distribute to applicable subcontractors and follow-up for timely completion, conduct backcheck, and secure project acceptance by architect and owner.
- Exemplifies Impetus's core values: Safety Always, Renegade Mentality, Sweep Floors, Build Relationships, Absolute Integrity.
- Insatiable Curiosity - Always asking "why" to find the root cause, allowing the right problem to be solved.
- Driven to collaborate and innovate.
- Organization and Planning - Takes a methodical approach to planning daily activities.
- Interpersonal Skills - Establishes cooperative, collaborative, trusting relationships with co-workers and business contacts.
- Communication - Communicates with co-workers and business contacts effectively through written, verbal, and non-verbal communication, as well as excellent listening.
- Tech Savvy -The ability to adapt quickly to rapidly changing technology is key.
- Bachelors degree in Construction Management, Business, or related field.
- 2 + years of commercial construction industry experience.
- Proficiency with software, including MS Office Suite, construction project management software.
Impetus is an Equal Opportunity Employer.