Project Executive, Commercial Construction
Summary Description: The Project Executive leads, manages, and coordinates all phases of multiple projects from preconstruction to closeout and is responsible for securing new work.
Company Description: Impetus, a Palmisano Company, is a general contractor that provides construction services in various spaces, including commercial, civil, industrial, pre-fabrication, historic, healthcare, hospitality, design-build, self-perform, multi-family, urban mixed-use, and arts and culture.
- Manage and lead multiple projects simultaneously from preconstruction to closeout.
- Support and drive utilization of various Impetus initiatives and technologies.
- Drive enforcement of safety protocols by the project staff.
- Develop a high-performance team through training, coaching, and mentoring.
- Ensure regular feedback is shared with team through documented coaching sessions.
- Develop and maintain long lasting relationships with clients, the design community, subcontractors, vendors, and various organizations to enhance future business opportunities
- Collaborate with Business Development and Marketing to secure new work for the business.
- Manage, oversee, and innovate field operations, processes, and procedures in the spirit of continuous improvement.
- Directly accountable for financial performance of projects.
- Create strategy that impacts or changes organizational processes.
- Contribute to strategic initiatives and develop creative solutions to solving company challenges.
- Communicate objectives and KPI’s to team and translate into action items.
- Exemplifies Impetus's core values: Safety Always, Renegade Mentality, Sweep Floors, Build Relationships, Absolute Integrity.
- Motivates and Empowers - Creates an atmosphere in which people strive to do their best, inspires a sense of commitment in others to do their jobs and empowers others to take ownership of their work.
- Driven to collaborate and innovate
- Organization and Planning - Takes a methodical approach to planning daily activities.
- Interpersonal Skills - Establishes cooperative, collaborative, trusting relationships with internal teams and business partners.
- Build relationships in three directions: downwards by building relationships of trust with the workforce; upwards by creating a strong bond with the CEO and Market Leaders; and outwards by developing positive interactions with suppliers, subcontractors, and clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Business, or related field.
- 12 + years of commercial construction experience.
- Demonstrated experience leading teams and processes.
- Demonstrated experience directing strategic initiatives.
- Proficiency with software, including MS Office Suite, project management software, accounting cost management software, and scheduling software (P6 or similar). Ability to implement new technologies to benefit the projects.
Impetus is an Equal Opportunity Employer.