Superintendent, Commercial Construction
Summary Description: The Superintendent leads, directs, and coordinates the overall site management of a project, per the total scope of services as defined in each projects contract documents, to meet the project completion and profit objectives.
Company Description: Impetus, a Palmisano Company, is a general contractor that provides construction services in various spaces, including commercial, civil, industrial, pre-fabrication, historic, healthcare, hospitality, design-build, self-perform, multi-family, urban mixed-use, and arts and culture.
- Develop a high performance team through training, coaching, and mentoring.
- Ensure regular feedback is shared with team through documented coaching sessions.
- Develop and maintain long lasting relationships with clients, the design community, subcontractors, vendors and various organizations to enhance future business opportunities.
- Create and direct the overall strategy that drives the performance of work related to scheduling, delivery, logistics, quality control, and employee staffing levels.
- Ensuring the work completed is in compliance with and conforms to the approved contract documents.
- Support and drive utilization of various Impetus initiatives and technologies.
- Management of the work site safety program; identify and report any unsafe behavior on the site or hazardous conditions.
- Analyze reports on project project progress and changes in strategy as applicable.
- Exemplifies Impetus's core values: Safety Always, Renegade Mentality, Sweep Floors, Build Relationships, Absolute Integrity.
- Insatiable Curiosity - Always asking "why" to find the root cause, allowing the right problem to be solved.
- Driven to collaborate and innovate.
- Organization and Planning - Takes a methodical approach to planning daily activities.
- Interpersonal Skills - Establishes cooperative, collaborative, trusting relationships with co-workers and business contacts.
- Communication - Communicates with co-workers and business contacts effectively through written, verbal, and non-verbal communication as well as excellent listening.
- Tech Savvy - The ability to adapt quickly to rapidly changing technology is key.
- Bachelors degree in Construction Management, Business, or related field.
- 10 + years of commercial construction experience.
- Demonstrated experience leading teams and processes.
- Demonstrated experience directing strategic initiatives.
- Proficiency with software, including MS Office Suite, project management software, accounting cost management software (CMIC, ProCore or similar), and scheduling software (P6 or similar).
- Ability to implement new technologies to benefit the projects.
Impetus is an Equal Opportunity Employer.